Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Love With Food April 2014

My Love with food box came yesterday! Woo! I currently subscribe to 4 healthy subscription boxes this being the only one that isn't vegan. 

Love With Food is a monthly food subscription box that aims to help you discover healthy organic all-natural snacks. LWF also has an online shop where you can buy your favorite snacks. As well as a rating & point system. Rate each snack for that month & get 10 points for each rating. There are 2 different subscription plans and for each box sold they donate a meal to a hungry child in America.

Tasting Box
$10.00/month
8+ new snacks each month
Each box donates 1 meal to a hungry child in America
At least 10 points each month
Snacks are either organic, all-natural, non-GMO, gluten-free, or free of artificial junk.
Free shipping (some plans)
Cancel anytime.

Deluxe Box
$20.00/month
16-20 new snacks each month
Each box donates 2 meals to a hungry child in America 
Recive 20 points each month
Snacks are either organic, all-natural, non-GMO, gluten-free, or free of artificial junk.
Free Shipping
Cancel anytime

Onto the Review.


Each month has a theme, April's theme is Flower Power. After a long winter, spring is finally in sight. Let's all take a moment to stop and smell the roses and enjoy the spring thaw with these flowerinspired treats. As always thanks for spreading the love by helping a hungry child this month. 


Orchard Blend by Sensible Foods
Enjoy these crunch-dried apples, peaches, apricots while picturing the orchards in bloom.
I was forced to open these first by my 3yr old niece & I'm glad I did. Love the 3 fruit blend. 
1 .75oz pouch retails for $1.25


Heart-Tee by Wild Hibiscus Flower Co.
A tangy deep-red floral tea, rumored to lower anxiety & stress among other health benefits.
It doesn't need repeating that I'm not a tea drinker. However I do have anxiety so maybe I'll cave in & drink it.
1 60g tea bag retails for $0.54


Creamed Honey with Chocolate Mint by Vintage Bee
Honey is packed with natural energy - enjoy this chocolate mint enhanced version any time of day you need a pick-me-up.
Not a vegan honey (yes they exist). However I WILL enjoy this, because chocolate.
1 .35oz packet retails for $0.49


Almonds with Cranberries, Honey + Sea Salt by Sahale Snacks
This salty-sweet protein packed treat is just the thing to keep you going on a day out planting your garden.
I've had Sahale Snacks before in a LWF box but I can't remember if it was this flavor of almonds. However I do remember I liked them.
1 .75oz packet retails for $0.69


Popcorn by Crave Canyon
The average American eats 54 quarts or popcorn a year - this uniquely flavored, non-GMO popcorn will give you a reason to be above average.
I received the flavor 'Cane Juice & Sea Salt Kettle Corn kisses with Anise'. Eating it now & it's delicious. Thank god I got 3 bags!
1 1oz bag retails for $1.95


Honey Waffle by Meli
This traditional Belgian street fare features creamy honey filling Sandwhiched between crispy waffles.
I've had these things before except they were a different brand. I didn't like them because they tasted like burnt toast. These however are perfect. Very sweet. The taste reminds me of sugary cearal from my childhood. 
1 30g waffle retails for $1.50


Fiordifrutta Organic Fruit Spread by Rigoni di Asiago
Theses delicious fruit spreads are slow cooked with absolutely no added sugar to preserve the nutrients of the natural fruit.
I received 2 packets both in apricots. I'm a grape jelly kinda gal but never the less I will try these.
1 .63oz packet retails for $0.75


Organic Energy Bar by Bumble Bar
Nuts, sesame, flax, vanilla, cinnamon join forces in this deliciously chewy gluten free snack.
I've had these bars before in other subscription boxes & I'm not a fan.
1 .65oz bar retails for $0.66


Extra Virgin Coconut Oil by Kelapo
Add it to a smoothie, spread it on toast, or use it in recipes as a butter replacement - coconut oil harvested from coconut palms will be a healthy staple in your kitchen.
I've never used coconut oil before so I can't say if this brand is good or not. We will see.
1 .5 fl oz packet retails for $1.64


Sea Salt Pomegranate Chips by Simple 7 Snacks
Po-tay-to, po-tay-to, pomegranate; there's a new chip in town, with the perfect balance of sea salt and sweetness.
I've never had pomegranates before so these chips should be interesting.
1 .8oz bag retails for $1.00

So that's every thing in April's Love With Food Box. With the total of the items coming to $25.33 as well as the variety of items themselves, I'd say April was a good month. If you would like to sign up for a monthy subscription of healthy often unique snacks go to www.lovewithfood.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! Just for point of reference, as a tea drinker, the "heart-tee" isn't tea. Not really. It's hibiscus. An herb. A really tart herb that I wouldn't enjoy drinking on it's own (it's better when blended with other herbs or tea leaves.) Don't steep it too long or you'll have a thick, syrupy, tart ... nasty cuppa.

    ReplyDelete